(Redirected from Hungry)
- 1 a : a craving or urgent need for food or a specific nutrient
- b : an uneasy sensation occasioned by the lack of food
- c : a weakened condition brought about by prolonged lack of food
- 2 : a strong desire : craving <a hunger for success>
Malnutrition, famine, starvation
- Malnutrition is a general term for a condition caused by improper diet or nutrition.
- Famine is a widespread scarcity of food that may apply to any faunal species, which phenomenon is usually accompanied by regional malnutrition, starvation, epidemic, and increased mortality.
- Starvation describes a "state of exhaustion of the body caused by lack of food." This state may precede death.
There were 923 million malnourished people in the world in 2007, an increase of 80 million since 1990. The FAO purports that the world already produces enough food to feed everyone — 6 billion people — and could feed double — 12 billion people.