Education encompasses teaching and learning specific skills, and also something less tangible but more profound: the imparting of knowledge, positive judgement and well-developed wisdom. Education has as one of its fundamental aspects the imparting of culture from generation to generation (see socialization). Education means 'to draw out', facilitating realisation of self-potential and latent talents of an individual. It is an application of pedagogy, a body of theoretical and applied research relating to teaching and learning and draws on many disciplines such as psychology, philosophy, computer science, linguistics, neuroscience, sociology and anthropology.An overview of education
Pages in category "Education"
The following 89 pages are in this category, out of 89 total.
- Education Research Complete
- Encyclopedia of Children, Adolescents, and the Media
- Encyclopedia of Education
- Encyclopedia of Educational Psychology
- Encyclopedia of Human Development
- Encyclopedia of Language and Education
- ERIC (Education Resources Information Center)
- ERIC (via FirstSearch)