From Nordan Symposia
(Redirected from Inspire)Jump to navigationJump to search
1. an inspiring or animating action or influence: "I cannot write poetry without inspiration".
2. something inspired, as an idea.
3. a result of inspired activity.
4. a thing or person that inspires.
- a. a divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul.
- b. the divine quality of the writings or words of a person so influenced.
6. the drawing of air into the lungs; inhalation.
7. the act of inspiring; quality or state of being inspired.
1275–1325; ME inspiracio(u)n < LL inspīrātiōn- (s. of inspīrātiō). See inspire, -ation
1. stimulus, incitement.