From Nordan Symposia
(Redirected from Total)Jump to navigationJump to search
- 1. the state of being total and complete; "he read the article in its entirety"; "appalled by the totality of the destruction"
- entireness, entirety, integrality
- completeness - the state of being complete and entire; having everything that is needed
- full treatment, kit and boodle, kit and caboodle, whole caboodle, whole kit, whole kit and boodle, whole kit and
- caboodle, whole shebang, whole works, works - everything available; usually preceded by `the'; "we saw the whole
- shebang"; "a hotdog with the works"; "we took on the whole caboodle"; "for $10 you get the full treatment"
- 2. the quality of being complete and indiscriminate; "the totality of war and its consequences"; "the all-embracing totality of the state"
- generality - the quality of being general or widespread or having general applicability
- 3. the whole amount
- aggregate, total, sum
- whole, unit - an assemblage of parts that is regarded as a single entity; "how big is that part compared to the whole?"; "the team is a unit"