From Nordan Symposia
(Redirected from Wanders)Jump to navigationJump to search
- b : to go idly about : ramble <wandering around the house>
- 2: to follow a winding course : meander
- 3a : to go astray (as from a course) : stray <wandered away from the group>
- b : to go astray morally : err
- c : to lose normal mental contact : stray in thought <his mind wandered>
An itinerant (or wanderer) is a person who travels from place to place with no fixed home. The term comes from the late 16th century: from late Latin itinerant (travelling), from the verb itinerari, from Latin iter, itiner (journey, road).