From Nordan SymposiaJump to navigationJump to search
- 1: of, relating to, consisting of, or affecting the spirit or soul : incorporeal <spiritual needs>
- 2a : of or relating to God or sacred matters <spiritual songs>
- b : ecclesiastical rather than lay or temporal <spiritual authority> <lords spiritual>
- 3: concerned with religious values
- 4: related or joined in spirit <our spiritual home> <his spiritual heir>
- 5a : of or relating to supernatural beings or phenomena
- b : of, relating to, or involving spiritualism : spiritualistic
Spiritual may also refer to:
- Spirituality, the state of spirit or more commonly, an interest in matters of the spirit.
- Supernatural, refers to forces and phenomena which are beyond ordinary scientific understanding. Concepts in the supernatural domain are closely related to concepts in religious spirituality and metaphysics.
- A branch of the 13th-century Franciscans favoring poverty against the wealth of the Church.